Thanks to everyone who sent in their photos and inspirations for our May Showers show-and-tell. We sleep better at night knowing that so many of you (guys included) still take the time and effort to support friends and loved ones by staying up all night to plan tablespreads, make homemade onesies, decorate picture-perfect cupcakes and think up actually-funny shower games. There’s nothing like a plate of sweets and a good laugh to make a soon-to-be-Mom feel like she’s taking a step in the right direction.
Aside from our congratulations to all those brides- and moms-to-be, we want to congratulate Emily C. as our “contest” winner. We loved her “Alice in Wonderland”-themed party for her friend, Alice, who is soon to get hitched. Some details:
- Blue and yellow color scheme (Alice’s favorite hues)
- Fun, atmosphere-making Asian lanterns overhead
- A fancy schmancy take on the PB&J, complete with piped peanut butter. How clever!
- Hip-to-be-square Photoshopped invitations featuring Alice’s pretty profile
- Teacup cookie favors complete with “eat me” tags
We think this is one party the Mad Hatter would approve of. Emily, you’ll soon be the owner of one Tissue Paper Pom Pom Kit. Because, let’s face it. Who doesn’t like pom poms? And who doesn’t like tissue paper?
We’ll be contacting you via e-mail soon.