What to do? What to get? And at the very last minute? For the casual friend or office mate, here are a few of our picks:
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Grab your CD jewel case and print out this calendar from Martha. Top with lots of ribbon.
2. Head to your favorite corner market and pick out some fancy cheese—maybe some Boursin or a bundle of Tilamook. Package it in something that you (and the recipient) can refrigerate, or just add a fancy satin bow.
3. Make more of these lil’ thumbtack guys. Certainly you have leftover supplies. We suggest thumbtacks for the boss lady, elastics for the cubicle mate. Remove thumbtacks from tray they came in, and insert newly-covered masterpieces. Top with a cheeky already-made stick-on bow.
4. Head to the local grocer and throw together a bundle of nail polishes. Maybe ruby red (classic) and navy (trendy) and pink (fun.) Slide inside celophane bag and seal with curling ribbon.
5. It’s not too late to try your hand at making this jingle bell wreath. Stop by Zims on the way home. It’ll make a lot of noise, all wrapped up—all the more fun to open.
6. Who doesn’t like these tasty lil’ oranges? Buy a case of clementines a divvy them up. Put four in a little box and top with baker’s twine. Perhaps add your favorite orange zest recipe.
7. Make this totally awesome paper snowflake we showed you last year. It’s still cool, and crafty. Boys might even like it.
8. Everyone needs last-minute gift tags. Make someone’s Christmas that much easier by printing out ours, cutting them out, and sliding into a clear celophane bag. Fold over the bag’s top, seal with tap, and wrap ribbon around like you would a box.
9. Fancy sodas and bevys are always fun. We recommend San Pellegrino in the bottle, or San Pellegrino’s Limonata and Aranciata. Or reach for something like Meier’s Pink Catawba. One of these has gotta be in Dan’s or Smith’s coolers.