Does anyone else feel like eating soup every single day? Every single meal? Baby, it’s cold outside. As such, here’s one of our favorites. As long as you have all the ingredients, this one’s cinchy. You basically just throw it all together. It’s especially good with a lots of lime. Buy plenty, and serve each bowl with an extra wedge.
You can download the YHO recipe card here.
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 2-4 chicken breasts, cooked, with broth to equal 14 oz.
- 1 4 oz. can diced chilis, undrained
- 2 cans great northern beans, white, drained
- 18 oz. shoepeg corn, undrained (often sold in 11 oz. cans by Green Giant)
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. cumin seed
- 1 t. ground cumin
Saute onion and garlic in a little oil. Add other ingredients and simmer to blend flavors. When served, garnish with grated cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, green onion and avocado. Add slightly crushed tortilla chips if desired.