It’s Lacey again. If you’re not up for buying tickets to any of this month’s shows, you can always opt for this playlist I mixed together—ideal for summer cardio sessions. Maybe it’ll be the ticket to push you through the next mile. (It is 20-songs long). I’ve personally tried and tested it, and given it my own stamp of approval.
- The Sporting Life: The Decemberists
- Dashboard: Modest Mouse
- Crystal Clear: The Fiery Furnaces
- Cheated Hearts: Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Combat Baby: Metric
- Young Folks: Peter Bjorn and John
- Sea Lion Woman: Feist
- Ageless Beauty: Stars
- Brand New Colony: The Postal Service
- When U Love Somebody: Fruit Bats
- Come on Closer: Jem
- We’re From Barcelona: I’m From Barcelona
- Feel Good Inc. (Album Crossfade): Gorillaz
- Bowl of Oranges: Bright Eyes
- All the Way to China: James Figurine
- A Sweet Summer’s Night on Hammer Hill: Jens Lekman
- Common People: Pulp
- The Way We Get By: Spoon
- Seville: Pinback
- Crazy: Gnarls Barkley
Get a taste for the tunes and preview the mix right here.
This comes straight from my music library, but I’d love to know what works for you. Is there a song that really motivates you? Share your thoughts in the comments, so we can create a killer Get-Movin’ playlist; maybe we’ll even be able to compile Volume II. Think of the miles we’ll get through….